Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Senior Financial Reporting Representative
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Under the direction of the Financial Reporting Analyst, the Senior Financial Reporting Representative (“Senior”) will prepare annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands.
- Preparing annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under administration.
- Liaising with fund auditors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, Luxembourg GAAP, UCITS Requirements, Companies Acts and Stock Exchange listing requirements (e.g. Irish Stock Exchange).
- Communicating appropriately with the Financial Reporting Representative and Financial Reporting Analyst with respect to all timetables and workflow, and communicating to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within BBH&Co.
- Performing special projects as directed by the Financial Reporting Analyst.
- Playing a key role in the training and development of new team members.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Prepare Forms NQ and 24F-2 for U.S. registered companies.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s) :
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (qualified or part qualified).
- Minimum of 2 years experience of financial report preparation. (This position is particularly appropriate for either a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with previous financial reporting experience relevant to the investment funds industry).
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent numerical ability with experience of working quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Good technical understanding of all financial instruments including derivatives.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must possess strong reviewing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Willing to coach and develop junior team members.
- Must be highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French desirable.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Confluence Unity software desirable
- Communicates Effectively (listens carefully and expresses self clearly, persuasively and professionally both verbally and in writing).
- Fosters Team Spirit (Creates an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others to contribute ideas, opinions and skills).
- Is Adaptable (Adjusts appropriately to competing demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change).
- Is Technically Proficient (Possesses and applies the technical knowledge and skills essential to addressing key job challenges).
- Pursues Self Development (Continuously seeks learning opportunities and strives to achieve the highest level of professional success).
- Takes Initiative and Assumes Responsibility (Drives actions and assumes ownership of tasks, problems and opportunities).
- Is Committed to Quality Client Service (Builds and maintains strong client relationships through consistently excellent service delivery).
- Is Creative (Demonstrates flexibility in thinking to generate new and innovative ideas, approaches and perspectives that add value to the firm).
- Coaches and Develops Others (Takes an active interest in others’ professional growth and provides them with feedback, guidance, encouragement and opportunities to develop).