The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Senior Front End Developer for SuXeS project
The project’s goal is to build a product containing functionalities that, at the moment, are scattered among several other systems; the functionalities needed by different roles involved in servicing a vehicle.
To make sure we understand the dealership and workshop reality, we have visited numerous workshops in various European countries and interviewed their employees, e.g. customer service representatives, technicians, parts operational employees to name a few.
You will work with Senior UI/UX Designers and will develop front-end that will be used by thousands of users.
Be part of our SuXeS project which stands for Seamless User Experience.
- Crucial role in SuXeS project with main goal to develop front-end prototype and develop front-end interface later. Front-end interface will be fed with data from multiple systems
- Developer will work closely with UI/UX designers, BAs and back-end developers
- You will contribute in developing responsive single-page application (SPA) and tools for our products that support thousands of users, nationwide and globally
- Mentor junior developers and perform code reviews, ensuring adherence to design standards and securing coding practices
- Develop/Design, implement and test high quality web application in a cloud-based environment
- Help with brainstorming and planning new application, components and web services
- You will take ownership of technical problems and their resolutions, including pro-actively communicating with product managers, designers, and the back-end dev team
- 5+ years of web application development experience with a front end (UI) focus
- Proficiency with modern web technologies such as CSS3, HTML5, Bootstrap / Material Design
- Advanced experience with AngularJS (2/4 preferred), ReactJS or Vue.js
- Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Advanced experience with Jasmine, Karma, Protractor or similar
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors - SASS or Less
- Experience with ES6 or TypeScript
- Experience with Reactive programming (RxJS and Redux)
- Basic experience with Java
- Experience with Microservice Architecture pattern
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with GIT flavours (git-flow)
Work Place: Wrocław