Mapp Digital, LLC, is one of the largest independent digital marketing technology companies in the world. Built by marketers for marketers, Mapp provides a comprehensive family of software and customer-centric services including a sophisticated data management platform; tools that execute and optimize email, mobile, app, social and web marketing; and campaign management and strategy consulting. All, for helping brands create a meaningful and lasting engagement with their customers.
The company is headquartered in San Diego, with global operations, research and development, sales, customer support centres across the world: Munich, Paris, London, Milan, Madrid, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Copenhagen, Krakow, Manila, San Francisco, and Raleigh (N.C). Mapp has more than 3,000 customers globally including Dolce & Gabbana, Maserati, Ferrari, Puma, PepsiCo, Thomas Cook, Deutsche Telekom, BonPrix, Lloyds Banking Group, TSB Bank, Deutsche Bank and Westwing.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Mapp Digital is looking to build its “Best of Breed” Cloud and Enterprise Marketing applications. We are looking for talented engineers capable of designing, implementing and maintaining a next generation micro-services ecosystem as a part of a cross functional high performing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, and support of complex web based applications
- Work closely with Architects and Technical Owners to develop applications aligned with the Mapp business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Product Owners, Quality Assurance engineers, and fellow DevOps Software Engineers to implement the next generation of Mapp applications.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Java 7 & 8, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, JUnit, and PostgreSQL.
- Recommended experience writing RESTful APIs, Spring Boot, Angular JS 4, Apache Maven.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of software development processes including Agile processes
- Strong knowledge of performance tuning and ability to locate performance bottlenecks in diverse code base.
- Experience in transitioning large applications to a CI/CD model.
- Experience with migrating large applications from legacy platforms to new application servers/hardware.
- Experience creating detailed design documentation.
- Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
- Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Fluent in English