The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Volvo Group IT in Wroclaw is looking for candidates for a position of:
Senior IS/IT Architect
Development & Runtime Support
Is a cross Group IT function responsible for L2 Process, Methods and Tools, Development Practices and Frameworks used in IT Service/Solution Development and Runtime deliveries. The department is also responsible for Group IT internal information management, Service Office, IT Asset management, VPS4IT competence center.
Development Process & Methods
The main objective of the function is to ensure availability and support for processes, methods, frameworks and ways of working with respect to development lifecycle – in projects and runtime deliveries, in order to efficiently meet business needs and to provide working solutions as quickly as possible.
Role mission & context
As Senior IT Architect you have a key role in solution and enterprise architecture enablement and maturity growth within the Group IT. It is achieved by following Volvo Group vision and strategy and high contribution to Group IT strategic priorities implementation. In the role you will drive and implement the guidelines, market standard’s architecture solutions, reference architectures and strengthening core competences in IS/IT Architects’ community.
You are an experienced IS/IT, enterprise or business information architect, passionate about architecture and motivated to play a key role in solution and enterprise architecture enablement. You have the ability to create efficient and trustful collaboration within Group IT and Business Entities in multi-cultural environment. You are able to actively facilitate networks and proactively challenge and improve ways of working. You can stimulate innovation and trigger collective ideation for improvements. You show excellent listening and communication skills and excel in demonstrating core values. You also have a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
- Drive and strengthen IS/IT architecture core competences to secure quality of IS/IT architecture implementation in Group IT (for projects and runtime solutions)
- Secure compliance to common way of working with IS/IT architecture in Group IT
- Work with improvements, by participation in the development, of the architectural principles, processes and standards
- Actively contribute in Practitioner Community in order to ensure best practice sharing
- Closely collaborate with Enterprise Architecture Governance and communities to understand business needs and strategies, as well as key drivers of enterprise architecture like Head IT Architects, Business Information Architects, Project Managers and other subject matter experts
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as senior IS/IT architect or solution architect
- Solid knowledge in IS/IT architecture and development practices
- Experience from software engineering and agile development
- Have capacity to execute against set targets and a “can do” attitude
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with your internal and external partners
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong focus on quality
- Personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for function
- Genuine interest for developing and coaching people
- Proficiency in English is required
Required leadership skills:
- Ability to communicate vision, strategy and objectives in an inspiring way
- Proven capacity to execute against set targets
- Ability to set right priorities and eliminate roadblocks
- Have a strong business focus
- Strong organizational agility and proven experience in driving change
- A good listener and have the ability to develop people and build effective teams
- Good and proven collaboration skills
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Work Place: Wrocław