Senior IT Project Manager
Ref. no: WAR0010F
About EY GDS
EY Technology is a global organization that works with our internal clients, to provide IT support and solution to client teams, internal support functions and global projects and programs. Over the next few years, GDS Poland will increase the number of IT professionals in its center to develop and support EY’s business and internal applications. These professionals include IT project managers, business analysts, software architects, infrastructure engineer.
EY Technology team maintains and enhances EY’s IT infrastructure and works for our internal clients across the globe. You will work with EY locations, supporting our service lines and key business processes or be part a dedicated IT team handling cross-organizational initiatives and transformational projects.
Project manager is responsible for delivering EY TECHNOLOGY projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires mastery of the technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers. Your key responsibilities
- Successfully execute the project to agreed schedule, budget and scope – projects are likely a mixture of software development / deployment and associated infrastructure provisioning for the XSSL Tax SD organization run concurrently (indicatively around 3 projects of differing size up to a total allocated budget of $1.5m)
- Perform the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Plan the project based on a defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control
- Plan for and manage change
- Reports on variances to the approved project baseline
- Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders
- Manage project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
- Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Work within defined governance processes
- Support development of business cases with the customer team including assisting on the solutions estimate
- Lead the development of the project charter and scope, and ensure delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope
- Develop objectives, phasing and content of the project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales
- Manage to the objectives and plan by thorough risk, issue and change management across both business and EY TECHNOLOGY parts of the project
- Ensures that quality project standards are met as prescribed by EY TECHNOLOGY through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree at university level
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- 5+ years in a corporate IT environment
- 7+ years of experience of managing projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, typically up to $500,000 in value and 6 to 12 months in duration
- Proficient in project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Experienced in using off-shore resources
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
- Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
- Familiarity with PMP, PRINCE, ITIL v2 or 3
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Who we look for?
We love working with people who are passionate about their job and have amazing skills in their area a think that: you’re an expert in the field with highly developed business and interpersonal skills, you’re always ready to face new professional challenges, you’re a person with a great sense of humor and you’re open to cross-border experiences; it’s a role for you.
If you feel that the role suits your personal goals and career path, please send us your current resume.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.