ACN is the largest direct selling company of services in the world. ACN is present in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, offering consumer telecommunication services, nutritional products and exclusive skin care products. Working at ACN Europe means working in a dynamic and very international environment. At present, over 400 employees with over 30 different nationalities are working in our European offices.
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for:
Miejsce pracy: Wrocław
Summary of the role
As a Senior Java Developer you are expected to participate in the development of back-end applications and enterprise end-to-end solutions.
You will be a member of an agile team as a Senior Java Developer and you will work on introduction of new solutions and maintenance of existing applications. Your role you will also have the opportunity to streamline proprietary Java code according to industry best practices with an eye on innovation.
- Implement back-end and front-end Java applications to support end-to-end enterprise solutions
- Translate business solutions and user stories into functional applications using complex methods and models to determine appropriate system solutions, in line with the overall ACN’s IT Architecture.
- Design, build as well as maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Java code.
- Ensure optimized performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications.
- Support all legacy Java applications for changes, continuous improvements and refactoring.
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications Provide guidance and support to the development and test teams and ensure ACN’s IT Development policies and standards are followed..
- Conduct research and run PoCs in order to introduce new technologies and open source software to optimize internal solutions.
- Perform all development activities with agile methodology
- Track all changes and development activities via user stories in Jira
- Prepare technical design and development documentation
- Perform unit and integration testing during development
- Provide necessary support to the Test Team to ensure applications QA is performed according to required use cases.
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to ensure resiliency, security and stability of new and Java applications.
- Assist front end web developers as well as PHP developers and off-shore development resources in optimizing their application code for interactions with Java applications.
- Provide necessary handover and assistance to Application Support Team to ensure web applications are operational at all times.
- 5+ years of experience developing solutions in Java
- Extensive experience with the J2EE framework and open source solutions, including Java, JSPs and servlets, Spring, Struts, ORM, XML, JSSE, JMS, JSON.
- Knowledge and experience in Service Oriented Architecture/ Web Services - SOAP/ REST.
- Strong database skills (SQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL)
- Breath of IT knowledge a major plus, ranging from web middleware, web protocols, Java, eCommerce, networking, operating systems (Unix and Windows), server hardware, storage, databases, scalability, performance, configuration and change management, and high availability.
- Experience with Front-End development technologies (i.e. Vaadin) is a plus.
- Capable of interpreting use case/user stories and developing aligned functions
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
- A stable full-time job (with 1 hour of fully paid break)
- Competitive base pay and travel allowance
- Opportunity for growth and professional development
- Private medical care in Luxmed
- Cafeteria benefit system (Multisport card/tickets to the cinema or other benefit from among 700 benefits to choose)
- Access to e-learning portal
- Integration/Team events
- Great atmosphere and possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Additional days off for years of service