Warsaw Software Development Center plays a crucial role in Viacom`s global engineering organization. We build highly efficient, advanced systems which are used by millions of users all over the world. Currently we are looking for a rock solid Senior Software Engineer. We need someone with professional, hands-on experience in developing high trafficked Web based applications in a fast paced, business changing environment.
Senior Software Engineer
Job type: Full time, regular
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing robust and scalable software solutions. You will build new and optimize existing applications (serving heavy traffic, requiring high efficiency and resistant to failures). Your responsibilities will include creating technical documentation, improving automated test coverage (unit/ integration/ user acceptance tests, etc.) and resolving technically advanced problems. Keeping up to date with modern back-end web technologies and sharing knowledge and guiding less experienced team members will also be a part of your duties.
If you have:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience plus a Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong experience with Scala or Java and knowledge of at least one other OOP or FP language
- Understanding of the REST architectural style and how it relates to the HTTP protocol
- Working knowledge of at least one major app framework (e.g. Spring 3, JAX-RS, Rails, Django)
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Apache HTTPd, NGINX, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss)
- Experience with build and dependency management tools (sbt, Maven, npm)
- Familiarity with Agile development process (Scrum, TDD) and comfort in using CI approach
- Experience in working with Unix/Linux environment
- Very good English language skills (verbal and written)
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of various open source web APIs, libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, Angular, ReactJS, backbone.js, Jasmine, Buster.js, etc
What makes us special?
- We are working on projects targeting large international communities, using modern development (Java 8, Scala) and deployment (AWS, Docker) technologies
- We do great stuff for the global brands such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and Paramount
- We offer great benefits package: private health care, fitness card, in-house compensatory English lessons, lots of team building events, fun zones in the office, parking space, facilities for cyclists, activities within the Social Fund
- We offer competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development