Granta Design Ltd is a market-leading developer of software for science and engineering, based in Cambridge, UK, and with a staff of approximately 125 people. Due to growth, we are establishing a software group in Wroclaw, Poland and seek a talented software engineer to join us.
The position offers the chance to get involved in all stages of the lifecycle of world leading software, from requirements-gathering to developing and testing the finished product. After an initial 3-month period of training and familiarization in Cambridge, you will be based in Wroclaw in a shared office (or possibly your own home office). You will work alongside our existing staff in Wroclaw and have regular contact with your team and colleagues in Cambridge, UK.
Our mission is to lead materials information technology—to advance materials engineering and education, and to enable better, greener, safer products.
Granta has been the leader in this niche field for twenty years, beginning at Cambridge University Engineering Department in the UK. We serve many of the largest engineering enterprises in the world, such as Airbus, Boeing, General Motors, NASA, PSA Peugeot Citroen, and Rolls-Royce, as well as many of the world’s leading universities and colleges.
We help engineering teams in industry to be more efficient and effective as they build their organisations’ material intelligence. We help companies make better decisions about the use of materials (such as metals, composites, and plastics) in their products. And we help university educators to develop material intelligence in the next generation of engineers and scientists.
We do this through market-leading software, unique information resources, supporting services, and by collaborating with the best engineering enterprises, technology providers, materials institutions, and the global materials education community.
Read more: http://www.grantadesign.com/company/index.htm
See more: https://www.youtube.com/user/GrantaDesign
Senior .Net Software Developer
Reference number: PLWRO
What you will do
- Work in a small team of talented software engineers, contributing your own ideas, skills, and experience.
- Work on all areas of the MI platform: Server and database, Our API, User facing applications (on the web and desktop)
- Have the opportunity to work with latest web technologies (ASP.NET MVC & Web API, AngularJS).
- Use the latest development tools.
- Participate in our peer code review process (using GitHub).
- Learn new skills and share them within the team.
Knowledge and experience in the materials or engineering domains are very welcome but not a requirement for this position.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a good university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or Maths.
- Have at least four years development experience with the .Net framework and C#.
- Be self-motivated and show a high degree of technical accomplishment.
- Be passionate about learning and sharing new development skills.
Experience in the following areas is essential:
Producing maintainable code using best practices e.g.
- The SOLID principles
- Agile development practices
- Performance profiling
- Unit testing
- Test automation
Experience in the following areas would be a significant advantage:
- Microsoft SQL server
- Web technologies (ASP.Net MVC, WebForms, Web API)
- Developing desktop UIs (using WPF & WinForms)
- Competitive salary – up to 13,000 PLN per month (depending on experience)
- Wroclaw-based with regular visits to HQ in Cambridge, UK
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter
via Aplikuj button below.
Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby authorize Granta Design Limited to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)"