Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Senior Operational Risk Analyst
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 36965
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Senior Operational Risk Analyst to join our operational risk team. As a Senior Analyst you will assess, analyze and monitor operational and regulatory risks for Service Delivery Products. You will apprise senior management of risks that have been identified and provide consultative support in determining an appropriate resolution. You will also be involved with ongoing market analysis of best practices and benchmarking techniques to enhance the overall control and process design for selected LOBs. In addition, you will work closely with the Risk Manager on new business and product development efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and assess bespoke processes; escalate and engage with senior management on remediation/corrective action as necessary
- Perform root cause analysis on errors and “red” rag status clients; communicate, take ownership and track recommendations for corrective actions driving them to completion
- Provide business support on evolving key risk matters, RCSA, and resolution of internal audit issues
- Review and provide feedback to business lines for all incident write ups for content and control enhancements
- Coordinate and perform ad hoc Compliance related tasks as needed which may include but are not limited to: data incident reviews, corrective action analysis, etc.
- Engage with external auditors for issuance of global SOC 1 reporting
- Assist and coordinate the preparation of presentation materials for senior management
- Develop and deliver risk awareness training globally
- Actively participate in key product related steering committees and working groups
- Support global projects and initiatives across office locations, products and emerging technology
- Banking/Operations professional experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical skills pertaining to risk identification
- Attention to details
- Consultative mindset
- Prior fund industry experience will be an asset
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others