WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is a leading global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. Founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, braking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics. Partnering with the transportation industry as it maps a route towards autonomous driving, WABCO also uniquely connects trucks, trailers, drivers, cargo, and fleet operators through telematics, as well as advanced fleet management and mobile solutions. WABCO reported sales of $2.8 billion in 2016. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, WABCO has 13,000 employees in 40 countries. For more information, visit www.wabco-auto.com.
Senior Project Manager
Scope of the role
We are currently looking to hire a passionate Project Manager with strong leadership skills and a high emphasis on excellence in management of projects and people. MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE FUNCTION
The Project Manager will be dealing with a huge variety of products and different clients. He/she will be cooperating with many specialists within a matrix organisation and manage global and cross-functional teams. This role is a high impact position with senior business partnering responsibilities and visibility, reporting to the BU Project Management Leader.
The Project Manager will ensure full customer satisfaction including internal and external customers but also excellent collaboration among BU functions, project team members and central organizational functions. The Project Manager contributes to profit and loss of a business unit by means of managing (plan, track, steer) all necessary actions to ensure flawless execution of development or related cost reduction multiple projects. This includes full accountability for the entire success of a project including Quality, Cost, Timing and Productivity.
- Manages, leads and inspires a cross-functional project team (Bluebox)
- Profitably handles all project scope changes throughout the project
- Manages project budget and team resources
- Set up financials of the project and ensures data accuracy
- In charge to create the Business Case and ensures to stay in the BC targets
- Anticipates risks, manages risk mitigation actions and initiates necessary escalations
- Defines and tracks project related targets and objectives for each project team member and provides feedback
- Ensures adherence to WABCO standard processes
- Assures compliance of WABCO’s and customers’ quality plan
- Efficiently drives projects through project phases & phase reviews
- Ensures communication flow to all relevant stakeholders
- Foster systematic problem solving mindset by using automotive quality tools
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience in leading at least one project from beginning to SOP, ideally in automotive industry or similar environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience in team management
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge in 8D and root cause analysis, Requirements management, Risk management, APQP, VDA 6.3
- Business acumen
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: “I hereby give my consent to the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the purpose of the recruitment process and after its completion for the purpose of future recruitments (pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883).