Our Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Senior RF Network Planning and Optimization Engineer
The Network Design and Optimization Engineer interfaces with customers to provide network design and performance related services.
Main Responsibility Area
- Required to manage the delivery of network planning and optimization projects according to the agreed scope of work (SoW), while managing customer’s expectations and schedule of acceptance;
- Performs critical (sometimes escalated) design and performance activities in customer projects independently, these may include complex problem solving in projects with performance requirements and multi-vendor environment;
- May lead a project team with responsibility to create plans and delegate tasks to team members;
- Provides support to clients and/or customers (typically on site) in his field of expertise.
The Senior RF Network Planning and Optimization Engineer will be required to act as technical lead for NPO projects and work independently to perform RF network optimization activities.
- Radio Planning and Optimization of GSM-R/2G/3G/LTE networks to trouble shoot and improve KPI’s;
- Performs RF performance activities in customer projects independently, according to project plan and in project manager’s guidance;
- Analysis of KPI’s, investigations and improvement of network quality problems;
- E2E End User experiences optimization for Voice and Data Services;
- Implementation of new features and tuning LTE radio network parameters;
- Implementation of new BSS/RAN/LTE features, and tuning of RAN database parameters;
- Radio propagation planning, optimization of coverage footprint and services;
- Customer problem investigation;
- Interfaces with customers to provide network design and performance related services, according to the solutions portfolio;
- Provides support to clients and/or customers (typically on-site) in his field of expertise;
- Operates in compliance with the processes, methods and tools linked to the job and possesses service excellence awareness;
- Undertake networks performance improvement (KPI’s) and optimization tasks;
- Experience with GSM-R planning & optimisation;
- Optimization of main 3G topics like Carrier aggregation, Load balancing, Throughput …
- Preform Layering strategy between LTE-3G-2G;
- Rollout Preparations (Pre/Post Launch);
- MIMO & Carrier Aggregation knowledge.
- A minimum of 7-10 years work experience in RF Radio Network Planning and Optimization GSM-R/GSM/UMTS/LTE;
- Expert level 3G & LTE optimization skills with a strong background in Nokia products and services;
- Multi - vendor experience – Nokia/ Huawei/Ericsson;
- Good knowledge of UMTS / LTE KPIs - expertise in creating and analysis of statistical KPI’s reporting;
- Expertise with RF Planning tools, DT measurement tools (Accuver / TEMS / Nemo) and post-processing tools;
- Experience in KPI’s improvement projects, specialized efforts and on-top feature optimization;
- Experience in deploying new high value radio features in 3G & LTE networks;
- Experience in network layering strategy planning & optimization;
- Experience in statistical analysis of KPI’s and cause values;
- Very good understanding of 3G & LTE network architecture and technology;
- End-user / customer problem investigation knowledge & experiences;
- Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction;
- Team player, open communication and ability to work in international team;
- Able to work in international projects;
- Solid leadership skills;
- Customer relationship management;
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills;
- Result Oriented.
Education & Experience or Other Requirements:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science;
- Excellent Polish and English Skills;
- UMTS / LTE technology understanding and optimization experience.
- Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on achievements
- medical care for you and your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- benefits from social funds
- multisport card
- and more…