What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Senior Tax Analyst
As a Senior Tax Analyst you will have an exposure to cross-border and in-country tax projects focused on transfer pricing,income tax compliance and tax planning within the EMEA region. You will have an opportunity to look after the tax affairs of IP companies in EMEA through the prism of US GAAP. Your role will be in direct contact with Finance and Tax teams in the regions as well as with the global Tax team in the US. If you are looking for continuous development, for challenges and opportunities of a constantly changing tax landscape , you are curious to understand the reasons behind decisions/directions, you appreciate team work and interaction with different departments and if you have an inclination for continuous process improvement, the EMEA Tax Team should be a good place for you.
The opportunity to work in a multinational and multicultural environment and a career development within a global structure that maintains high quality standards. IP also provides trainings and continuous investment in people, an attractive compensation package and a diverse and dynamic work environment. IP’s office is modern and located in the center of Krakow which makes International Paper GBSC as one of the best places to work in Krakow.
- Assist with US tax compliance reporting (including SOX controls) by providing requested documentation and calculations
- Assist in ASC740 (previously FAS 109/FIN 48) reporting and US income tax compliance
- Assist with the implementation of direct tax projects
- Assist with the preparation and the coordination of the income tax returns for European legal entities
- Assist in direct tax audits by local authorities
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the affiliates in EMEA on a range of tax issues
- Assist with Transfer Pricing compliance in EMEA, including, but not limited to review of the Master File, the coordination/preparation of Local Files and the coordination/handling of country-by-country reporting
- Assist with various tax questions and projects as they arise
- Strong knowledge of taxes (Income tax and Transfer Pricing)
- Experience in coordination of tax matters for multiple countries will be a plus
- Familiarity with current and deferred tax accounting concepts
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels and different nationalities inside/outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
- Ability to work autonomously towards strict deadlines
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate professional curiosity and engagement skills
- Rigor, mobility and flexibility
- Willingness to travel to different countries from time to time
- IT skills: MS Office, SharePoint, SAP, Onesource and SAP BPC (will be a plus)
- Some level of familiarity with tax digitization requirements such as SAFT in Poland or similar concepts abroad is a plus
- University degree in accounting and/or tax, or equivalent by experience
- 4 to 6 years in an international accounting firm or in the tax function of a multinational
- Language skills: English and any other European language is an asset.