Rapidly growing enterprise
software company seeks talent
Uniquely, Aptitude Software brings together finance
domain expertise, innovative software products
and laser-sharp focus on CFO’s needs to solve
problems that our competitors can’t.
We’re growing rapidly and need a Senior Test Engineer to join us.
Senior Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer will ensure that our RevStream product meets the required quality standards, leveraging fully automated testing approaches built around Continuous Integration/Delivery methods within a DevOps culture.
Senior Test Engineer
Aptitude Software is a finance software specialist focused on equipping Chief Financial Officers to achieve their strategies and ambitions. With our team of 200, we continue to win against the big technology mega-vendors at many of the world’s leading banking, insurance and telecom companies.
Many CFOs, financial controllers and finance change specialist firms see the opportunity to help drive profitable growth at their companies. Uniquely, we bring together finance domain expertise, innovative software products and laser-sharp focus on the CFO’s needs to solve problems that our competitors can’t.
- Responsible for ensuring delivered product meets the defined test requirements, ensuring any ambiguities are identified and driven out at the appropriate points in the lifecycle
- Liaise with remote Product Management, Finance Specialists and Business Analysts to develop suitable test cases, and ensure appropriate coverage
- Write, develop and maintain automated test scripts to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability
- Carry out integration testing of application product components
- Ensure new features are continuously added to automated regression tests
- Develop and execute performance based tests
- Ensure adherence to agreed standards and good practice in the testing procedures
- Manage test environments, build automation processes, use of cloud technologies
- Work with Release Manager to ensure robust change management processes are in place and adhered to for production deployment
- Report on test statistics and quality metrics
- Participate in regular project delivery meetings
- Knowledge and application of structured testing methodologies and processes
- Experience of test automation and scripting
- Worked within an environment encompassing the full life cycle of product development from specification through to release.
- Strong technical knowledge, including scripting, Linux, Oracle databases including SQL and PL/SQL
- Current Software Testing Certification – ISEB/ISTQB
- Knowledge of modern automation tools such as TeamCity, Gradle, Ansible, Docker, GitHub
- Experience of cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Working knowledge of AWS, creating and managing environments, virtual instances, AMIs, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Jira
- Can work independently and as part of a wider cross functional team, and capable of prioritising own workload
- Comfortable working with disparate team across different time zones
- Experience of working with agile methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Structured and disciplined approach, whilst being pragmatic and flexible
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Excellent spoken and written English, ideally to C1 level
- Experience of DevOps / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Financial Sector and/or Accounting
What you’ll get
- Profit related bonus
- Private healthcare (for employee and family)
- Life and disability insurance
- Social Fund (multisport card, gift card for Christmas & Easter)
- English lessons
- Wroclaw, Poland
- Overseas travel will be required, including US
Aptitude Software is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, disability, age, or trade union membership