SDI Media is the world’s leading media localization provider, offering dubbing, subtitling, and media services for international, regional, and local content owners, aggregators, broadcasters, and new media distributors. With the world’s largest owned and operated network of facilities, incorporating 150 recording rooms and over 85 mixing rooms, SDI Media provides dubbing, subtitling, and other media solutions in more than 80 languages worldwide. Servicing 40 markets, in 37 countries across EMEA, Asia, and The Americas, SDI Media’s global localization footprint provides the only one-stop media localization solution in the industry.
Software Business Analyst
Our R&D team needs a Software Business Analyst to join our growing organization. We are looking for a professional with experience in Agile software development and User Centered Design methods. The successful applicant will partner with Operations and Client subject matter experts to document requirements and designs for front-end applications as well as system-to-system integrations.
The ideal candidate for this position is deeply inquisitive, detail-oriented and highly creative. They will be responsible for translating user needs to software solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Operations and business stakeholders to
- Acquire deep knowledge of Operations process, goals, gaps, and the likely impact of system and process changes
- Participate in and facilitate system design workshops to solicit functional requirements
- Actively seek out process optimization and ease-of-use
- Produce detailed functional requirements documentation using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, scenarios, process models, diagrams, and wireframes
- Analyze and document alternate flows and edge cases to determine impact, design adjustments, and/or mitigation plans
- Act as translator between business and technical teams interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa)
- Identify functional dependencies between systems and recommend solutions or risk mitigation approaches
- Facilitate discussions with product owners and subject matter experts to attain functional requirements approval
- Perform technical analysis including
- Business process modeling
- Business and technical metadata
- Data schemas (SQL/MySQL, XML, JSON)
- Data integrity
- Work closely with Solutions Architecture and Development teams to
- Establish and document technical solution specifications in accordance with functional requirements
- When user stories require working with third party API’s, SaaS solutions, or software plugins, investigate into available tools on the market to help us make the best decision
- Work closely with the product owner, subject matter experts, and development team members through all phases of our SDLC
- Facilitate tight communication between subject matter experts and development teams to ensure accurate understanding of requirements
- Help negotiate a prioritized roadmap among stakeholders who may have different business objectives
- Manage backlog priorities
- Collect software QA materials such as sample data sets and files
- Assist the product owner and subject matter experts in testing user stories and defects, at both a technical level and a functional level
- Work closely with Application Support to facilitate training, produce user guides, and run books
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate international offices on multiple time zones
- Willingness to travel (international location offices)
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent creative problem solving abilities.
- Quick learning capabilities.
- Ability to empathize with and adapt to different working styles and personalities in the spirit of collaboration.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills – including mediation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work queue.
- Service oriented, professional attitude with desire to answer inquiries from SDI staff, clients and vendors.
- Strong analytic skills such as deep Excel operations, defining useful reports or creating system performance metrics. Experience "crawling through the numbers" to understand business issues.
- Demonstrated success bridging between technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to translate requirements, potential solutions and roadmaps for each audience.
- Effortless shifting between big-picture plans and story-level detail.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a solid year of working in an agile environment with product owners, subject matter experts, and developers
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Bachelor of Arts degree (Computer Science not required)
- Knowledge of software and IT concepts, such as networks, infrastructure and development technologies
- Hands-on software development skills:
- Working with large datasets to extract usable information using SQL (MySQL and MS SQL)
- Building Logical and Physical data models
- API analysis and testing
- Understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience with wireframe tools
- Experience with media asset management, and media related systems, data and metadata
- Interest in data analytics, machine learning, and cloud services a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience with Jira and Confluence a plus
- Experience with multiple languages a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Architect a plus