Software Development Engineer,
My client is a top tier global consumer goods manufacturer who are building a new technology hub in Warsaw to help drive innovation and acceleration across the organization.
As a result, they are now seeking a highly skilled Software Development Engineer who can help identify and drive innovative and transformational solutions that deliver “automation at scale” solutions for their expansive global network. You will be a member of a team working with the brightest engineers, focusing on tools and automation solutions that promote network stability and sustainability via automation of standards compliance, agile provisioning, operations while leveraging AI/Machine learning to deliver preemptive insights; accelerating their ability to innovate and “Win in the Marketplace”.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Interested candidates should be motivated by advanced technologies, be a catalyst for change, and have vision for identifying and aligning software and infrastructure solutions to help support business opportunities.
Qualified Candidates should have 7+ years of software development and tool automation experience, working across wide range of platforms and network technologies. The candidates must also exhibit strong professional skills including collaboration, self-motivated, adaptable and dependable. This is a full time position based in: Warsaw
- Lead development and delivery of Software Defined Networking (SDN/SDX), Automation Scripts, and Orchestration tool capabilities across the global P&G enterprise network environment
- Leverage API capabilities, minimizing dependencies on CLI, driving the use of network functions virtualization / virtualized network functions capabilities
- Key contributor in the definition and creation of new tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
- Automation experience with network connectivity provisioning and monitoring for cloud services such as Amazon and Azure is very desirable
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM and integration solutions for external applications and systems
- Lead lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new software / automation solutions ensuring seamless transformation and adoption
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, develop and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain stakeholder approval.
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- Highest escalation point for critical and/or chronic incidents for automation and tools, providing subject matter leadership to Operations, helping to restore service.
- Provide training and technical leadership to all key stakeholder organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient in support of their primary roles.
- Development experience with application/service mapping between endpoints, load balancers, routers, and firewalls, leveraging DNS services and IPAM systems via native APIs
- Development experience with security and configuration compliance across all network devices (routers/switches/firewalls/loadbalancers) by developing automated systems to ensure compliance
- System administrator for key network applications and services, managing lifecycle and driving strategy roadmap to meet future business demands.
Technical Competencies and Experience
Technical certifications, strong knowledge and experience of the following network, voice and security technologies, protocols and services is highly desired:
- Understanding of HTML, JSON, REST, SOAPand XML
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix from provisioning, troubleshooting, shell scripting, tuning and optimization
- Has the ability to create integration between various technologies with REST/SOAP APIs and CLI interfaces
- Understanding of TCP/IP, SIP, EIGRP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, HTTP(S) protocols.
- Understanding Client/Server digital certificates, SSL/TLS, and PKI.
- Experience with applications and services such as; Cisco ACS/ISE, Ansible, CA Spectrum, EMC Smarts, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, DiamondIP, ServiceNow, and Splunk
- Experience with network debugging tools like Wireshark and Fiddler.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Experience in standard load balancer design, SSL termination, stickiness, and overall application/solution design (L4-7)
- Understanding of programmatically readable network structures
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 7f+ year relevant experience