- plac Nowy Targ 28, 50-438 Wrocław, PolskaWrocław, dolnośląskie
- Ważna jeszcze 2 miesiącedo: 25 maj 2020
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
Software Engineer - Spend Intelligence
Software Engineer - Spend Intelligence
Who you will work with:
You will be joining McKinsey’s fastest growing team in the procurement arena and taking cutting edge technology solutions to clients.
Spend Intelligence by McKinsey infuses best-in-class technology and AI-based analytics with deep supply-market and category-sourcing expertise. You’ll be part of a team that is a core element of the digitally-enabled procurement function of the future. This will involve all business value chain activities from product development to distribution and playing a strategic role in managing budgets and costs, anticipating and mitigating supply risk, driving compliance, and generating transparency to external Spend in an organization.
What you will do:
You will work with our in house Spend Intelligence by McKinsey solution and external partner development teams.
A Spend Intelligence by McKinsey solution project includes spend cube development, spend analysis, category analytics solution and other digital procurement related assets deliveries. You will build working knowledge for project deliveries.
You will work as Software Engineer with Spend Intelligence by McKinsey solution.You’ll work closely with Product manager, Solution leaders, Software engineers and Product Design team members. You will develop a strong understanding of the user story and how to best deliver the appropriate functionality. Your work will expand into Cloud technologies, automated testing and micro services domains. You will be an active learner, identifying new open source libraries, using unfamiliar technologies and learning new programming languages to meet technical requirements and modern software development best practices.You will produce high quality code for the full technological stack, from database to UI and everything in between. Additionally, you will assist with troubleshooting basic issues and improving application performance by responding to specific problems and fixing defects.
You'll document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Furthermore, you'll actively participate in SCRUM and Agile software process.You'll leverage your technical skills by applying them towards the validation of product quality and writing test code, including unit tests and automated test cases. You will keep up with industry trends and innovations and apply knowledge to the existing code base.You will be expected to identify and escalate technical barriers, dependencies or risks in the planning and development process, and maintain a distinct value and quality mindset. You will manage your day to day priorities, time and commitments within your team setting while ensuring that technical standards and best practices are exercised.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area)
- 4-5 years of experience, ideally with development teams using Agile methodology
- Requires extensive knowledge of developer’s tools and at least one development technology/programming language-Java, Node.js or React.
- Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases, Proficiency in automated unit tests and working knowledge of fundamental CS concepts
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes preferred
- Solid problem-solving capabilities, analytical skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start-up environment
- Global mindset: able to appreciate differences in market needs, competitive environment, and cultural norms across multiple countries and sectors Demonstrated ability and desire to navigate complex situations with various levels of uncertainty
- Willingness to travel (20-40% of time)
Global & diversified project
Inclusive & non-hierarchical environment
Training & development
Social events & initiatives
Private medical & dental insurance
Polish language classes
The Complexity Management Solution Suite and Portfolio X-Ray are McKinsey & Company proprietary tools, that generate insights from large product portfolios through advanced analytics and machine-learning algorithms.