System Support Specialist
Miejsce pracy: Wrocław
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
As allocated by line manager, this role can be involved / lead in the following areas:
- To provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support to the Service Desks.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the 1st Level support teams (in-house & outsourced).
- Oversee the daily interaction, call / ticket flow and escalation with internal supporting teams.
- Assist in the testing and development of new systems, and provide technical support for the implementation of these systems into the production environment.
- Ensure day to day operations of the 1st Level support teams (in-house & outsourced) is provided to necessary quality.
- Provide detailed knowledge of support procedures, and overall ITIL Service Management Foundation practices.
- Drive Continual Service Improvement via the use of key performance indicators and trend analysis to improve service on the whole.
- Responsible for the measurement, reporting and consistant achievement of ‘Service Level Proposals’ or ‘Service Level Agreements’ for the IT Operations support model.
- Coach / mentor 1st & 2nd line support associates (in-house & outsourced).
- Lead the Incident Management of Business Critical Services.
- Managing customer service escalations.
Key ResponsibilitiesIncident and Problem Management
- Provide technical support for issues outside the scope of the Service Desks, providing detailed feedback regarding call resolution for incorporation into the knowledge database.
- Ensure high priority issues are identified and progressed quickly, and that regular and appropriate communication with the business and IT Operations management is taking place.
- Create detailed documentation and checklists for call resolution, and ensure all support documentation is kept up-to-date and in the central locations.
- Provide on-site support where required.
- Provide reactive support for emergency hardware / software problem diagnosis, installs and rebuilds where appropriate.
- Diagnose underlying problems, and develop workarounds and permanent fixes.
- Produce regular reporting when necessary, detailing analysis of fault/problem trends and proposed solutions.
- Provide effective Request Fulfilment response, ensuring requests are completed within ‘Service Level Agreements’ or ‘Service Level Proposals.
- Support pilots and rollouts of new or updated systems - liaising with development & global support teams as required to prepare TJXE support teams.
- Assist in the testing of new software and hardware.
- Provide support to the European growth plans of TJX Europe, assisting with the creation of new vendor agreements and support arrangements, and provide on-site support where appropriate.
- Develop technical notes for the1st & 2nd Line support teams, and Project Managers for all new systems.
- Document and populate Known Errors and their workarounds into the Known Error Database (KEDB).
Service Level Reporting
- Monitor, report on, review and provide feedback to management on 3rd party support vendors Service Levels and KPI’s.
- Ensure the support charges for assigned 3rd party support vendors are verified against the contracted agreements, and purchase orders are submitted in advance of being invoiced.
- Complete daily systems and process checking activities.
- Liaise with the business to ensure full understanding of support issues.
- As a team member, work as part of a rota. This may include providing on-site weekend support, including Public Holidays, and out of hours telephone support.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Highly focused on achieving or exceeding expected service levels to customers (essential)
- Experience of working within or with a Helpdesk or Service Desk (essential)
- Excellent organisational and communications skills (essential)
- A strong technical understanding of windows based retail systems (essential)
- Minimum three years in IT with at least two years in a similar role (essential)
- Experience of working within a retail environment (essential)
- Native Polish speaking along with very good English language skills
- Experience and knowledge of PCI in retail (desirable)
- Experience within an ITIL service environment, and strong knowledge of ITIL Service Management (desirable)
- Experience of supporting a mixed technology environment
- Driving License
- Able to travel as required (valid passport)
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certified or higher (highly desirable)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified (highly desirable)
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future.