Nevion is a leader in the media industry providing award-winning media transport solutions to broadcasters, telecom service providers, governmental agencies and other industries.
Headquartered in Norway, Nevion has sales and support offices in the UK, Poland, the USA, Dubai, Singapore and China.
Technical Support - System Tester
Place of work: Gdańsk
Nevion is seeking a Technical Support/System Tester
We are looking to expand our Gdansk based Professional Services Team with a qualified Technical Support/System Tester to assist with providing technical test support for new deployments and releases.
- Design and apply specific test scenario’s and test cases applicable to a project or a customer’s system including:
- Test case writing
- Test execution
- Reporting of the test results
- Defect tracking
- Regression testing
- Automating test procedures
- Assisting in debugging
- Building test environments with live equipment
- Work with the Nevion R&D and product management teams to provide QA support for the customer solution
- Where applicable provide technical documentation to describe the handling and implementation of specific functionality
The successful candidate will have a technical university degree or equivalent within IT.
Preferably, with experience from the broadcast field or IT/Network industry including:
- Experience of software testing processes and tools used to design and execute test cases
- Knowledge of testing processes and testing metrics to provide testing project feedback and documentation of test results to verify completion of testing (SAT)
- Experience with installation and configuration of network equipment, switches and routers.
- Python/Perl/Shell scripting experience is an advantage
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- TCP/ IP networking skills
- Experience with installation, management and administration of Linux based systems
- Technical writing experience
- Experience in working in a customer service environment
- Experience from or interest in audio and video, telecommunications or broadcasting
- Very good English language skills (English is the official working language)
- Able to perform tasks independently (remotely)
- Flexible team player
- Solution oriented
- Excellent communications skills
- We offer salary commensurate with qualifications.
- International travel should be expected